5 Tips for Packing and Moving Heavy Furniture
Hiring a Los Angeles mover ensures that relocation will be finished faster and safer. We present you the top 5 tips for packing and moving furniture:
- Ensure that you have a well-trained, fit crew. Moving heavy furniture is not for the skinny or very fat people. You surely need some energy and muscles in order to move a heavy bed or a leather sofa. Working with amateurs is again, problematic. Even if they look pretty solid and muscular, this is useless without the proper knowledge to move furniture. So, you will need though guys with both brains and muscles.
- Set heavy furniture aside. Check the entire home and note all furniture items. Pay increased attention to pieces of furniture that may be problematic. Besides identifying problematic items, this will help you determine the exact type and quantity of moving supplies needed.
- Measure those problematic furniture items. Typically those are big or very big items: beds, armchairs, desks and so on. Use a tape measure or a yardstick to measure their dimensions and note those dimensions in a logbook. Then measure doorways, stairways and all other entrances and exits. Do the math and figure out the best way to move your furniture.
- Remove all objects found inside. Before you start packing and cover the, it would be a great idea to take a look inside each item and remove everything you find inside. Otherwise, you risk damaging the furniture during the move.
- Carefully lift the furniture. We all know the line “Lift with your legs, not your back!” Each furniture item has certain spots that provide better lifting. Do not act like a smart or a tough guy and lift items as you want. This is why you should hire professionals. Your life and health is more important and you should not risk it by doing something you are not prepared for.
Check our webpage for more info. Click here to visit our website!